1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Geography assessment

Discussion in 'Primary' started by senteachinginfo, Apr 23, 2012.

1. At the moment I just use the ATs in the NC but I'm interested to know what others do.

2. I am also looking at how to assess. Apart from a basic spiral curriculum and NC level descriptors there doens't seem to be much out there?

3. I've come across this. I know many of the primary schools in my area are using the Chris Quigley basic skills to plan and assess for foundation subjects. I've found this which may be helpful:
    www.haslingden.lancsngfl.ac.uk/getfile.php?src=495/PLANNING+A+SKILLS+BASED+CURRICULUM.doc · DOC file

4. Thanks for that!!
    We could potentially get the call at any time and, at this point, we don't really have anything in place to assess Geography so as coordinator I'm panicking a little!!!

5. I don't know if this will be useful as it's still basically the NC ATs but I did this to help me understand them. They're broken down into skill/knowledge areas. I'm going to use them in a similar way to APP: I've copied one per pupil and I'm going to highlight the grid as I see they can do something. Mind you, that's much easier for me as I have very small classes, being in a special school. Anyway, I hope they may be some use but I won't be offended if you don't like them!

By the way, you'll have to copy and paste this link as I'm in chrome and it doesn't like forums. If the link doesn't work, just click on my name and it should be quite near the top of my resources.

https://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Geography-ATs-broken-down-into-headings-NC-levels-6205350/