1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Geography/Art topic planning - HELP!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by diesalgirl150, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Hi
    I'm about to start in my first job as a fully qualified teacher in a Y3/4 class and am struggling hugely with the planning! All I have been given is the overview of the topic - Less Economically Developed country - and the LO's for Geography and the secondary subject of Art. It states that the art should be a Big Material project but the actual LO's are for textile & pattern.
    I have begun the planning based around Chembakolli, although there are no resources at all in the school, but the art is leaving me a bit confused! The school use a TACT wheel for learning around and each topic has a project at the end of it, which for this topic is the art.
    Any ideas/ links greatly appreciated!!

2. Hi
    I'm about to start in my first job as a fully qualified teacher in a Y3/4 class and am struggling hugely with the planning! All I have been given is the overview of the topic - Less Economically Developed country - and the LO's for Geography and the secondary subject of Art. It states that the art should be a Big Material project but the actual LO's are for textile & pattern.
    I have begun the planning based around Chembakolli, although there are no resources at all in the school, but the art is leaving me a bit confused! The school use a TACT wheel for learning around and each topic has a project at the end of it, which for this topic is the art.
    Any ideas/ links greatly appreciated!!

3. uppereastside

uppereastside New commenter

Hey I've added some planning for Chembakolli on here if u have a look - don't know much help it'l be!

4. Found those earlier, they're fantastic!!

Any ideas for the art?

5. How about Batik or block printing?

6. uppereastside

uppereastside New commenter

Not really! We follow QCA topics so all we've really done is 'take a seat,' 'journeys', 'portraying relationships'!