1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Geographers in a field.. in tents.. for a Camp. Would you come?

Discussion in 'Geography' started by Geographer, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Hi,

We're looking at the possibility of organising a camp (with tents) in a field in May/June of next year. It would involve bringing together a good group of geographers (teachers and other professionals... graduates etc.) and their families to sleep under the stars, share camp fires and a keg of beer, go on walks and hold some discussions/debates/talks in a central tent. We would make it as affordable as possible.

We're started an email list here:
    http://thegeographycollective.us1.list-manage1.com/subscribe?u=8eed43312562ce5523d274482&id=d0a087af37

Would this be of interest to anyone here?

Thanks,

Daniel
    www.geographycollective.co.uk

2. Hi,

We're looking at the possibility of organising a camp (with tents) in a field in May/June of next year. It would involve bringing together a good group of geographers (teachers and other professionals... graduates etc.) and their families to sleep under the stars, share camp fires and a keg of beer, go on walks and hold some discussions/debates/talks in a central tent. We would make it as affordable as possible.

We're started an email list here:
    http://thegeographycollective.us1.list-manage1.com/subscribe?u=8eed43312562ce5523d274482&id=d0a087af37

Would this be of interest to anyone here?

Thanks,

Daniel
    www.geographycollective.co.uk

3. Really like the sound of this - being able to bring my own family would solve my major hurdle! Am hoping that the 'with tents' means that you'd be able to supply them, since we don't have storage space so always go for pre-pitched tents :)

4. Thanks Amanda. Great feedback and we can work this in if it goes ahead I'm sure! It would not be glamping though!

5. Absolutely!
    At the school I'm at we go on camping trips into the mountains quite regularly and self cater with Trangia stoves etc. From year nine upwards they walk into the village, catch the bus by themselves to the village closest to the campsite and then hike. Teaches a good range of skills. One staff member goes ahead and waits at the village and another staff member follows the laggers.
    Cheaper than hiring a coach to take them. Far more fun!