1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

    If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

    Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

    Dismiss Notice

General Teaching Council

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by davidjones123, Jan 17, 2011.

  1. davidjones123

    davidjones123 New commenter

    Hi all,
    If you teach outside of the UK do you still need to be registered with the GTC in th UK? At the moment I don't have any plans to return to the UK to teach but it would be nice to know any possible problems (if any) of not being registered as my subscription has expired.

    Cheers, David.
  2. bigfatgit

    bigfatgit Occasional commenter

    The simple answer is "no" - they actually told me that you can't if you are outside of England (Scotland and Wales have their own GTC)
    That being said, I keep forgetting to cancel my direct debit and they keep sending all my info / membership card to Egypt every year
    Anyway, it's soon to go the way of the dodo and may or may not be replaced

Share This Page