1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

General Teaching Abroad Advice

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by annaliddell, Nov 2, 2011.

1. annaliddell

annaliddell New commenter

Thanks!
    I am downloading everything possible! I will just have to think of ways to adapt it when I am out there!
    However, I will not be able to carry all that equipment with me! I literally have my plane weight allowance! So will try and bring a notebook and possibly some good books I have but not too much else! I am going to try and fundraise before hand so I can go on a shop when I am there to buy things for the school (probably over to south africa!)

What have you both found to be the biggest challenges?
    Any good activities you can recommend for large classes with limited textbooks/other resources?

Thanks again!
    Anna
    [​IMG]

2. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

I have sent you a PM.

3. Just one idea to have in your armoury... Sing!
    Great to establish a good, fun relationship with children although you might have to be creative given your subject (knee bone connected to the ear-'ole etc).
    Don't worry about not having music, just sing! Usually, children love it. If they don't, give it up as a crazy idea.
    Best of luck!