1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

General Pay Enquiries?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Cunni, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Hi guys,

I qualify next Summer and although I can approach my mentor's/University tutors with these questions I am fully aware sugar coated responses will be given as we're not too well acquainted at this current moment.

Basically have quite a few questions and wondered if you could help me out:

1) What will my starting pay be when/if I do qualify? Teaching in Lancaster. Is there a teachers wage calculator that would let me know what my take-home would be each month?

2) After how many years does this pay rise, and at what rates?

3) What is the wage cap I keep hearing about, at what wage is it and how do I overcome it?

4) I know pupils hours are generally 09:00-15:30, but is it frowned upon to be entering half an hour before and leaving half an hour later?

5) Do I get paid when on the sick or for an unforeseen absence?

May be a few more to add, but any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Hi guys,

I qualify next Summer and although I can approach my mentor's/University tutors with these questions I am fully aware sugar coated responses will be given as we're not too well acquainted at this current moment.

Basically have quite a few questions and wondered if you could help me out:

1) What will my starting pay be when/if I do qualify? Teaching in Lancaster. Is there a teachers wage calculator that would let me know what my take-home would be each month?

2) After how many years does this pay rise, and at what rates?

3) What is the wage cap I keep hearing about, at what wage is it and how do I overcome it?

4) I know pupils hours are generally 09:00-15:30, but is it frowned upon to be entering half an hour before and leaving half an hour later?

5) Do I get paid when on the sick or for an unforeseen absence?

May be a few more to add, but any help is greatly appreciated.

3. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter