1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

General Election - will you be voting?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by install, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

What does "done" mean?

2. irs1054

irs1054 Star commenter

?

3. Skeoch

Skeoch Lead commenter

I have carefully avoided this thread up to now.
    My answer to the question is, "Yes. It's my duty."

4. install

install Star commenter

Thank you.

And which Party are you currently going to vote for?

5. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

I'm in a marginal, currently Tory held from Labour.

I've had several leaflets from the Tories (including some duplicates), plus a visit (sadly, I was out - would have loved to have had a conversation with them!).
    I've had one leaflet from the LibDems.
    STILL nothing from Labour. I just don't get it. This is a marginal seat, which has previously been held by the Labour candidate. I'd have thought there would be something from the Labour party in this area.

Wotton, cissy3 and install like this.
  6. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Not really anyone else's business...

I've not stated who I'll be voting for... I hope it's clear it won't be either of the Big Two. Both disgust me.

irs1054, install and nomad like this.
  7. --Badger--

--Badger-- Occasional commenter

upload_2019-12-9_8-49-51.png

install likes this.
  8. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

In which case the Tory slogan is a particularly disgraceful lie, because they know full well Brexit will not be "done" for many, many years to come, and they are gulling the British electorate.

9. Scintillant

Thank you

What does "Get Brexit Done" mean?

When does it become "done"?

or, if you like "finished"?

10. irs1054

irs1054 Star commenter

Absolutely. In the dim and distant past of this thread you will find a post where I say how and why I will vote and that still stands. I live in a seat with a huge Tory majority so the chance of success are low but I will still try.

I will vote tactically to try and remove one Tory MP from the roster. I will do this because if Boris gets an overall majority the result will be a disaster. Compared with that everything else is a plus and if I have to risk Corbyn getting into power then so be it. It is far and away better than allowing Boris into power.

11. schoolsout4summer

schoolsout4summer Star commenter

It would be stupid to vote Tory.
    [​IMG]

12. install

install Star commenter

Agree. But its fascinating to hear how people intend to vote and why. Imho no party can truly be trusted and the Brexit vote has shown that.
    I have changed my mind so many times - but the Tory Party at least are clear that they want to deliver Brexit.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  13. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I find it disturbing how many see the risk of an antisemitic party being in power as "acceptable" ... for a long time I have resisted the voices who proclaim us a more and more racist society.

The support for Corbyn and his crowd shows I was wrong. As long as the racism is the right kind then it is excused or embraced.*

* this is not to say you are racist irs1054... just that you willing to look the other way or hold your nose. A passive acceptance maybe...

border_walker, install and nomad like this.
  14. nomad

nomad Star commenter

...or just denied.

Kandahar and install like this.
  15. install

install Star commenter

Would you have the current Labour Party in ? Really?

peter12171, artboyusa and Kandahar like this.
  16. --Badger--

--Badger-- Occasional commenter

When the UK leaves the EU.

border_walker and install like this.
  17. Scintillant

Yes. However, I am voting Green.

There are way too many people using foodbanks, way too many children without enough to eat and living in cold homes.

There is a crisis in social care

We all know about the state of our schools

There is a crisis in the NHS. A large number of doctors and nurses is telling us to vote against Johnson

The conservatives' action on climate change is useless. Labour's is poor but at least it's better.

18. Scintillant

And when is that?

19. Kandahar

Kandahar Lead commenter

More spam.

Bad for Corbyn.

20. Kandahar

Kandahar Lead commenter

Indeed.