1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

General comments for reports for my SEN children

Discussion in 'Primary' started by captain oats, Jun 21, 2008.

1. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

I have recently written the reports for the children in my class who have SEN for their annual reviews.

Now the time has come to write their general reports for the year.
    Should I include things I have put in their SEN reports or try and fill in their reports the same way I have for every other member of the class? (so include comments on attitude, behaviour, relationships etc).

It's the general comments bit I am struggling with.

2. captain oats

I have recently written the reports for the children in my class who have SEN for their annual reviews.

Now the time has come to write their general reports for the year.
    Should I include things I have put in their SEN reports or try and fill in their reports the same way I have for every other member of the class? (so include comments on attitude, behaviour, relationships etc).

It's the general comments bit I am struggling with.

3. rumpelteazer

rumpelteazer New commenter

I would include things about attitudes and relationships in the general comments, is that what you were asking?
    As a parent it is really nice if you can say that their child is trying hard, gets on in a group, is polite and behaves well as some of the most SEN children can have the best manners and despite the fact they find things difficult they often try hard. Also mention if they are popular, have lots of friends because the social side is really important. Also play up their strong points say if they are good at art, music, drama or PE.
    In my experience most parents want to know thier child is well behaved, doing thier best and has friends regardless of ability.

4. captain oats

Thank you, that is really useful.