1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Geek thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by lanokia, Aug 12, 2016.

1. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

[​IMG]

Moony likes this.
  2. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

Yup.

3. Flere-Imsaho

Yeah, I think she's a character developing before our eyes, discovering herself and her skills and that's interesting. Jyn is fully formed and there's never any real doubt that she will join the rebellion. Cassian's the ambiguous one but there's not enough time really to develop him before the end.
    I don't think so. Rogue One felt very safe to me - a classic war movie - and the fuss about the female lead made in certain quarters is nonsensical when you look at the rest of the film which is all about the male authority figures in her life. Does she ever get to have a conversation with another woman? Don't get me wrong - I loved it and will see it again and I'm really enthusiastic for more of these standalone films now but I wouldn't say radical.

4. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I saw it completely the opposite way around... Rey was such a safe 'knows everything' character... Jyn was layered and complex... What doubt was there about Rey's action?

Rogue One was ''safe''? Safe as in they killed all the characters? There was no threat or danger anywhere in TFA... just rehashing old plot points to me... she did talk to the leader of the Rebellion Mon Mothma... there was the other rebel leader who was saying they should surrender... her mother?

Granted they should have had another substantial female role... really wish they'd worked Mara Jade in there... or an equivalent.

Ah well, world would be dull if we all agreed.

5. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

I am one with The Force and The Force is one with me....

Flere-Imsaho and lanokia like this.
  6. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Had that running through my head too! Good line!

7. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

so the two droids are on yavin 4 but I'm fairly sure that their scene took place after the scene where they said the rebel flagship had already left. And the blockade runner then came out of the flagship. So how did the droids get there?

BUT... I will have to see it again to get a real idea because it's just a niggle and I'm not sure if I'm remembering it right.

8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Other people have spotted it but the director says it's all OK... I'll have to rewatch to be sure...

9. Flere-Imsaho

Yeah, we knew they were all going to die though. It's why they could do bad things - Cassian killing people who got in his way, for example. In the film universe the only way to redeem that sort of stuff is death.

lanokia and Moony like this.
  10. gargs

gargs Star commenter

This thread is surprisingly hard to follow if you are avoiding looking at the spoilers!

Lara mfl 05 and lanokia like this.
  11. Flere-Imsaho

Don't read them if you haven't seen it!

gargs likes this.
  12. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

We don't want to ruin the My Little Pony cameo...

13. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Damnit! Sorreeee....

Moony and gargs like this.
  14. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

15. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

upload_2016-12-26_14-36-14.png

gargs likes this.
  16. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter