1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Geek thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by lanokia, Aug 12, 2016.

1. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I enjoy talking about nerdy, geeky things... superheroes, sci-fi movies... this doesn't seem appropriate for Personal [or NuOpinion] so I figured I'd chance an arm here...

To begin I present...

I really want this to be good.. I made no secret I was a bit disappointed by Force Awakens [I enjoyed it, just a bit too much of a retread] but this looks a lot more fun and the trailers are certainly looking good. On the other hand, this is Gareth Edwards, the guy who gave us the snoozefest of Godzilla...

Baited breath.

Moony likes this.
  2. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

TFA was a bessed relief after the prequels!

lanokia likes this.
  3. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Aye granted... although the last one nearly got it right [have you seen the redlettermedia review of the prequels? very funny]...

Although right now the DC film universe seem to be trying very hard to make the Star Wars prequels look good.

4. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

I didn't see batman vs superman but saw suicide squad the other night. It wasn't bad, not quite as mind blowing as the hype made out it would be but deffinately a solid film.

I really did enjoy TFA, it was nice to see Star Wars doing what it should be doing.....aside from that ****** bit at the end :( Not sure if I've seen that review of the prequels, I do remember seeing a video where a guy ran through how he'd have done TPM in terms of alterations to the script and it sounded like a good film. As well as reading something that pointed out how close Lucas had been at doing a truely awesome story with just a few changes to the prequels.

5. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Aye I think I watched the TPM alterations video as well... his ideas were decent enough...

The RedLetter media is well worth checking out... Mr Plunkett I believe.

I saw Batman vs. Superman and .... so many things irritated me... and structurally the film was all over the place. Just a good looking mess of a film really. Ben Affleck was great though and I have some hopes for Wonder Woman. It put me off seeing SS though... might see that when I return from my hols...

I think the SW Prequels really just needed a script editor to go through them once or twice and comb out the tosh... and maybe completely rewrite the romance scenes in the second film... and make them more consistent with the Original trilogy ...

Leia remembering her mother for example...

6. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

Yeah, it was a good idea but not done as well as it could have been. For me the saving grace was seeing Obi-Wan Kenobi and how he developed.

7. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Now I like the rumours swirling about a possible Obi-Wan spinoff movie covering his hermit years... MacGregor has said he'd return and age-wise he's close.

8. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

There's an EU book covering some stuff that happened in that time, although I've not read it. Sounds like it could be an interesting film.

9. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Aye... could cover the growth of the Empire, it's solidification of power etc.

Otherwise it's just Obi-Wan sat in a cave for 18 years twiddling...

10. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

[​IMG]

Moony likes this.
  11. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

The story of the book was about some local tough lads trying it on and Obi-Wan basically angsts over doing stuff and then does wade in.

12. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

Also have you heard the news? R2D2 is in the hands of a new person now :(

Damn, TES ate my time cue.....start it at 1:11......:(

Flere-Imsaho and lanokia like this.
  13. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

He sounds like old dial up internet... or old dial up internet sounds like him.

Still... Rogue One rumours say Tony Gilroyis now overseeing the edit, Gareth Edwards having been sidelined because of poor test audience reactions.

14. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

You liked that post??

Kenny Baker has died.....hence the wail sound from R2 :(

15. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

A script editor and better casting.

Moony likes this.
  16. Flere-Imsaho

I just saw.

17. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

I think we need 2 minutes of being awesome and/or generally insulting the living snot out of/bickering with our longest companion.......two if the things R2 did very well! :)

18. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Kenny Baker has what?

19. Flere-Imsaho

I sometimes think my cat is R2. She has a similar range of noises, including a very sarcastic little burble.

Moony likes this.
  20. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Oh dear...