1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

gdst grade 3 pay?

Discussion in 'Independent' started by Kidders, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Kidders

Kidders New commenter

Can anyone give me an indication what the rough salary at this level would be? It's a non teaching job so literally no idea what kind of pay they would get. Best friend is thinking of applying but very much depends if its much of a pay cut from current job!

2. I just went to the new website and the cheeky b*ggers have removed the pay scale from the site!

It does say this though:

Support staff salaries
    The GDST pay structure for support staff is also similar to that within the maintained sector, but with some flexibility to offer attractive salaries beyond the market rate. Support staff pay scales are based on the local government NJC scales.

THe GDST DO NOT pay well, especially for the amount of blood they get from you! They pay slightly above maintained sector, granted, but its not the big indie pay scales.

3. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

I think you might be surprised how much blood the big indies and, indeed, the maintained sector expect! At least the GDST don't have boarding duties!
    The GDST do, indeed, pay broadly in line with state school scales in the early years, but (like many indie schools) the increments continue longer than those in the maintained sector.
    Those hoping for significantly more might do better to consider a career outside of teaching in my opinion.

4. Kidders

Kidders New commenter

Many thanks for the reply. I think if it's a role outside of teaching I may advise to stick to alternative avenues if pay is broadly speaking pretty tosh! I guess grade 3 is well below the lowest entry level teacher grade (being roughly £21k for a qualified teacher) and thus considerably lower than what they currently earn!