1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSEs Sept 2011 - What a farce!

Discussion in 'Science' started by sci84, Feb 10, 2011.

1. sci84

sci84 New commenter

Interesting message from OCR today!
    Why can't they just write the spec to meet Ofqual's expectations or is someone changing the goalposts.
    Phonecall from Edexcel today inviting me to training - the new specs "will be accredited after half term" allegedly. I pointed out they were due last August and asked for the reason for the delay - funnily enough she "didn't know!".
    What a joke! - Perhaps Ofqual should just be the national central exam board and publish all syllabusses!
    Progress is being made towards the accreditation of the new OCR GCSE Sciences 2011. We continue to work closely with Ofqual to fine-tune our specifications and specimen assessment materials (SAMs) in response to their feedback.
    Please read on to keep informed and up-to-date with the most recent changes:
    While sample Controlled Assessment Tasks available on our website will not be changing, we've been asked to make minor amendments to some of the marking criteria and guidance. [/LIST]

2. What can be done?

3. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Well they were the board panned in the press for making the GCSE too easy....
    P

4. wasn't it that the number of marks you needed on the exam to pass was really low? showing that the exams are actually too hard? the 1 year thing makes the additional science a really hard qualification, and now we can't do coursework in the summer term things will get a lot more difficult.

5. AQA Add Applied is accredited but it's not in the EB so who will teach it?

Regarding the delay: I smell a rat.