1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE WJEC Task 9 Modelling

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by anon2047, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Am i right in thinking that for this task the students create the spreadsheet from scratch for the club? I have never taught this before and am trying to get my head around exactly what they are supposed to do. Is it okay if they all have the same headings?
    Any advice would be very much appreciated.
    Jaime

2. Yes they are to work from scratch. They should not have the same headings - it was mentioned at the inset that letters had been sent to schools last year when their spreadsheets were 'too similar'

3. To add to Pottlepig, remember that the pupils are working on the tasks under controlled conditions so to that effect I don't see how the pupils work would be that similar, even if you had demonstrated a "typical" solution to the pupils.

4. Tosha

Tosha New commenter

Doesn't help when the training course isn;t 'til december and the board don't respond to emails and phone calls.

5. Would be useful if WJEC had forum pages like OCR so that you can get advice and help from other teachers and more usefully moderators, examinars and maybe even the Subject Officer.