1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE speaking assessments - how do you do it in your school?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by spsmith45, Mar 28, 2012.

1. spsmith45

spsmith45 New commenter

We give them two goes, with occasional resits, not many. The first go is at the end of Y10 when they we are taken off timetable anf they come alomg at designated times. Second go is during the mocks in December of Y11. Their French oral is one of their exams.
    The only cry-oofs we get is if we agree on re-sits. Some students are just forgetful, others avoid. If a student lets us down, then I, as HoD, sometimes puick up the issue and do the oral in place of my colleague. These instances are rare though.
    It's an unreliable and flaky system all round. You could invent half the marks if you wanted. (We don't, I hasten to add.)

2. musiclover1

musiclover1 New commenter

Some of mine do cry off, with various excuses, and I arrange a time for them to do it after school instead. I have nice classes this year though. I can imagine this could be a nightmare.

3. henriette

henriette New commenter

after school, on a saturday or in the holidays