1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE Sociology school exchange

Discussion in 'Social sciences' started by MarieDeer, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Hi all,
    I would like to arrange a school exchange for my sociology students. Preferably, I would like them to experience what it is like to attend a private school of some kind for the day. The aim would be to help them understand the implications of social class and education. My students attend a mixed comprehsenisve in inner city London - and so the exchange may be useful for some students who are attending a school outside of London to experience what a day in my school, in deprived socio-economic area might be like. I have ran this sort of exchange before and it has been hugely successful, but the my link school has since stopped studying GCSE sociology.

Any ideas/interest/contacts out there?

2. Hi all,
    I would like to arrange a school exchange for my sociology students. Preferably, I would like them to experience what it is like to attend a private school of some kind for the day. The aim would be to help them understand the implications of social class and education. My students attend a mixed comprehsenisve in inner city London - and so the exchange may be useful for some students who are attending a school outside of London to experience what a day in my school, in deprived socio-economic area might be like. I have ran this sort of exchange before and it has been hugely successful, but the my link school has since stopped studying GCSE sociology.

Any ideas/interest/contacts out there?