1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE Science A (objective tests)

Discussion in 'Science' started by msq, Jan 20, 2011.

1. msq

msq

Hello, sorry if this has been mentioned before - but i wonder if someone can help

Im hoping to teach primary, but have found out i need gcse science too - so im looking at doing the GCSE Science A (objective tests)

as part of this i need to do a practical and be assessed at a centre - im aiming to sit the exams this june though self study - can anyone give me any advice on what to to for the practical part and how to go about arranging the centre test - also when does that need to take place etc?

any other advice on passing the GCSE Science A (objective tests) would be great too!

cheers marc

2. msq

msq

Hello, sorry if this has been mentioned before - but i wonder if someone can help

Im hoping to teach primary, but have found out i need gcse science too - so im looking at doing the GCSE Science A (objective tests)

as part of this i need to do a practical and be assessed at a centre - im aiming to sit the exams this june though self study - can anyone give me any advice on what to to for the practical part and how to go about arranging the centre test - also when does that need to take place etc?

any other advice on passing the GCSE Science A (objective tests) would be great too!

cheers marc

3. mousey80

mousey80 Occasional commenter

What about one of the igcses? No coursework, will that do?

4. Evertonian

Evertonian New commenter

In our case if we find we have an external candidate then we would discuss this with them so perhaps you should find out which centre you would be and organise it with them. We are in the process of finalising Summer entries (though there would be late entries beyond that I assume for it). So sort that quickly then see if any teachers there would help - perhaps they will pass on some materials to you but would likely need to do the practical separately after-school with you - not sure if they may have to charge. It will take a couple of hours with the exam for the coursework too. Basically you can look up the spec and past papers online to help you and I would practise all of the past papers thoroughly. The grids can be confusing to mark the answers so do practise or consider the written papers. Some places do them on-screen rather than on paper too. A good revision guide might be the best way to see what you need to learn!

5. msq

msq

Thanks a lot for your help - I have located a centre so will give them a call this week re the practical -appreciate you taking the time to help, cheers marc