1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE results day 2019: Have your say

Discussion in 'Education news' started by TES_Rosaline, Aug 21, 2019.

1. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

What will this year’s GCSE results mean for the exams, students and teachers? What are the trends about the results, grade boundaries, expectations etc. Let us know your thoughts about the exam system and results.

Share the highs and lows of the exam results day here.

https://www.tes.com/news/gcse-results-day-2019-live

2. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

‘Today’s GCSE results reveal another increase in top and pass grades across the UK.

The percentage of entries graded A/7 or above rose to 20.8 per cent, up 0.3 percentage points. This is the second successive time the proportion of top grades has increased since the reformed GCSE qualifications were first sat in 2017.

The proportion of C/4 grades and above – considered as the "standard pass" – also increased slightly for the second year in a row to 67.3 per cent of entries, up from 66.9 per cent last year.

Both grades also rose above 2016 levels reaching a four year high.’

https://www.tes.com/news/gcses-2019-grades-4-year-high-stability-reigns

3. maggie m

maggie m Senior commenter

My science group mostly got the grades I expected and I am pleased. On the whole they were lovely hardworking pupils. One did massively better than predicted which is a pleasant surprise but I suspect sets the student up for failure at A level. The lazy tyke ( I do better when I don't revise Miss) got the grades I expected and which he deserved after a total lack of effort for two years.

sabrinakat likes this.
  4. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

Happy with my students' results - one did slightly better than I thought but overall, my predictions were spot on :D

Laphroig likes this.
  5. citct

citct New commenter

6. Sisyphus_rolls_again

Sisyphus_rolls_again Established commenter

Which makes the assumption that all subjects are of equal difficulty.