1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE results by subject - where are they?

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by pencho, Apr 11, 2011.

1. pencho

pencho New commenter

Great set of data.
    Just out of interest is 2009 or before data anywhere or is this something the DFE have just started producing. Thanks in advance.

2. strawbs

strawbs Established commenter

on exam results day sites like bbc or guardian always produce gcse results by subject - they should still be available for the past few years - just google "gcse results by subject 2008" for example.
    The website in the link above still has the 2008-2009 version easily available as well.

3. strawbs

and if you look here
    http://www.education.gov.uk/rsgateway/DB/SFR/index.shtml
    you can find all gcse/A level results by subjects going back more than 10 years.
    To find them, scroll down to each year. They always used to be published in Oct/Nov, but then it switched to Jan a few years back.

4. pencho

pencho New commenter

Strawbs
    Thanks for your reply. I was looking for school level data (like that available for 2009/10). The other yesrs just give a summary by LA as far as I can see.

5. strawbs

sorry I presumed you wanted national figures per subject, not individual school figures.