1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

    If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

    Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

    Dismiss Notice

GCSE RE resits

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by egyptiangirl, Apr 26, 2011.

  1. None...I believe [​IMG]
  2. jerseyperson

    jerseyperson New commenter

    You can resit B603 (Ethics) with OCR in January if that's any help?
  3. JodiP

    JodiP New commenter

    The reason why I ask is because of the Terminal Assessment rule which I was only made aware of very recently.
    My original plan was enter the pupils for Paper 1 in Yr 10. If they got D+ they sat Paper 2 in Yr 11. If they got a C in Yr 10 and mucked about in Yr 11 then I cashed in their s/c from yr 10. Apparantly this is not allowed.
    Don't know what to do next year now because of this, It's a lot of gambling
  4. I just cash in all of my short course in year 10 so they get a grade and then if they don't sit the full course for any reason it's not a problem they come out with a grade. I then use the full course cash in code in year 11 with those who sit the paper - never had a problem !
  5. JodiP

    JodiP New commenter

    What board do you use? I spoke to WJEC who said that if they cash in their s/c and they do the f/c paper then they get 2 s/c qualifications which don't equal a f/c. Makes no sense to me.
    Someone else has said I should speak to OFQUAL because other boards allow you to do it that way and so it isn't fair?

Share This Page