1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE re-marks

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by linsen, Aug 28, 2012.

1. linsen

linsen New commenter

Hi
    Sorry if this has been covered. On the basis of the catastrophic results from AQA for German GCSE this year, which I know has been covered elsewhere, I have a couple of questions about re-marks (which are new territory for me).

Question 1 - does a request for a re-mark for a candidate get all units re-marked, or do I have to request specific unit re-marks?
    Question 2 - if a candidate's work was not chosen for speaking moderation first time round, do I then send it off or does the speaking only get re-marked of it was originally sent for moderation?

I am so appalled by my inconsistency of marking compared to that of the exam board that I am keen to get to the bottom of the problem, hoping that a 10% resubmission will result in a re-mark of the whole cohort.

Cheers in advance for your help.

2. Each skill is a different remark, therefore costs more.
    With Speaking, all pupils are remarked, not only one - this is what happened with our Spanish last year.

3. linsen

linsen New commenter

So do I pay a fee for every single candidate to be remarked? What about the ones who were only marked by centre and not moderated? Out of interest, did it change your marks?

Sorry to be full of questions.

4. gsglover

gsglover Occasional commenter

Unless you get evrything remoderated, only the original sample will be remoderated, unless changes are due.