1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE project - school trip

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by gavcradd, Feb 27, 2012.

1. gavcradd

gavcradd New commenter

My students have started the GCSE ICT unit 3 project for AQA, the school trip one. So far, they've planned out an itinerary for the trip, researched all of the costs, put this into a spreadsheet to model different possible final costs, made a questionnaire to gather the info needed from students (contact details, medical needs, etc) and made a relational database to store this info in.
    However, they're getting very, Very, VERY bored by it all and I'm struggling to decide how on earth to grade it against the woolly mark scheme and how to fit in the rest of the work.
    I wonder if any of the other exam boards' coursework projects are on the same lines? If, for example, Edexcel's GCSE project was closely related in any way, I could perhaps move across to that without doing too much modification to what we've already done. I just haven't got access to the real coursework scenarios on-line, so I wondered if any kind soul could help me out?
    Anyone teaching GCSE ICT for Edexcel / OCR / WJEC / etc and covering a school trip?

2. gavcradd

gavcradd New commenter

My students have started the GCSE ICT unit 3 project for AQA, the school trip one. So far, they've planned out an itinerary for the trip, researched all of the costs, put this into a spreadsheet to model different possible final costs, made a questionnaire to gather the info needed from students (contact details, medical needs, etc) and made a relational database to store this info in.
    However, they're getting very, Very, VERY bored by it all and I'm struggling to decide how on earth to grade it against the woolly mark scheme and how to fit in the rest of the work.
    I wonder if any of the other exam boards' coursework projects are on the same lines? If, for example, Edexcel's GCSE project was closely related in any way, I could perhaps move across to that without doing too much modification to what we've already done. I just haven't got access to the real coursework scenarios on-line, so I wondered if any kind soul could help me out?
    Anyone teaching GCSE ICT for Edexcel / OCR / WJEC / etc and covering a school trip?