1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE practical text performance exams

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by DaisysLot, Apr 6, 2011.

1. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

This year.... I'm excited. I have a super group of kids in year 11, and all their performances are commendable, not so much for any level of perfection, but because of the great leaps some of them have made to get to this exam - From kids who are EAL and struggled to learn lines, to ones who've had such tough personal stuff to overcome while I've been teaching them. I believe it takes 3 years to build a department, and definitely to see big returns on your investment as a teacher in terms of time and rolling curriculum through from KS3 to KS4. This is my 3rd year..... It's been very worthwhile. I doubt I'll ever have such an amazing group again.... might have a weep tomorrow, and more because out of pride rather than stress. Knackered... but very happy to be a drama teacher today.

2. Here here! There are some cohorts you just wish you could keep forever. I love drama, I love my job and I love my students.
    (I don't, you know, LOVE them.....I'm not THAT kind of teacher!) hehe
    Being a drama teacher is the BESTEST thing ever! (sometimes)
    El [​IMG]