1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE PE (AQA/Edexcel/OCR) - Assessment Tracking & Monitoring Program

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by RobDav999, Nov 6, 2018.

1. RobDav999

RobDav999 New commenter

Good afternoon everyone,

I thought I would update the PE community as to the recent updates to my GCSE PE Assessment Tracking & Monitoring Program.

Just a wee introduction first: the program enables a teacher and / or Head of Department to assess, monitor, report on and manage interventions for the pupils in their groups(s) / cohort. It is available for AQA, Edexcel and OCR exam boards. The program is entirely my own design, built using Microsoft Excel (including the use of macros) and is largely automated to make the above assessment and monitoring jobs easier and more efficient for colleagues. It's taken 5 years of trial and error to get the program to this point!

Essentially, the update is a move to two main versions of the program (for each exam board... there used to be 3 for each!):

I recognise that some PE Departments will have existing report templates that are adequate for their pupils, so made sure that I did not limit the features of the standard version, i.e. it has all the features of the '+ reports' version (bar the ability to create 40 reports). All grade boundaries / scaling factors etc. have been updated as of August 2018... and they will be updated next year and every year thereafter too!

There is one other version I haven't mentioned!:

This is currently a free version and is bundled in when purchasing one of the other versions. In time, I am looking to improve the ability of the program to analyse the performances / outcomes of pupils' and the cohort... but that's for Summer 2019!

The free trial versions will give you a clear idea of how the program works (use any of the blue links to go to the 'free trials' page). Have a play with a program and follow the instructions inside. The idea is that the program does most of the work for you! What do you think? If you are not the Head of PE… let them know you have seen the program! I welcome constructive criticism; if you think it can be improved please let me know!

Please note, every updated version of the program is FREE to customers who have purchased the previous version.

I hope you enjoy the program(s) and if you are interested in more of my resources, my shop can be found at: https://www.tes.com/teaching-resources/shop/RobDav999. If you have any ideas and / or feedback please leave a reply below, leave a comment on a resource page or send me an email at [This comment/section has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions] and I'll do my best to help.

Best wishes & happy teaching,
    RobDav.