1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE Particle Physics

Discussion in 'Science' started by Newstein, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Newstein

Newstein New commenter

Is there a book on Particle Physics written for this level? If yes, I need it! Please give me the details. Thank you.

2. gainly

gainly Lead commenter

There isn't much particle physics in GCSE, just the model of the atom, nuclear decay and a bit on fission and fusion. I find the CGP revision guides perfectly adequate.

Are you after a book which goes into more depth (quarks etc.) but at a level that could be understood by someone doing GCSE?

border_walker likes this.
  3. Newstein

Newstein New commenter

Yes gainly. I need an introduction to elementary (fundamental) particle physics myself to recap and teach the topic at A Level. I am watching Dr Physics video which appears good. Do you have anything else?

4. gainly

gainly Lead commenter

You said GCSE before which confused me as there isn't really any particle physics in GCSE.

How about: Particle Physics a very short introduction by Frank Close. Gives a very straightforward account of the basics.

5. gainly

gainly Lead commenter

If you want something rather more detailed I'd recommend The Cosmic Onion also by Frank Close.

6. gainly

gainly Lead commenter

You posted a similar question about 6 months ago, although then you did say it was A level.