1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

GCSE or equivalent

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by dibble1979, Jan 10, 2019.

  1. dibble1979

    dibble1979 New commenter

    Hello, just wondering if someone can help, Does 5 GCSEs, including Mathematics and English at grade C or above or equivalent qualifications mean that I can use my Level 2 diploma in a subject not related to teaching and learning as appropriate grades? I did not get great GCSE's I had quite a few issues in my exams and did not do well but making up for it now instead or do they mean qualification in something to do with schools, I am at the moment doing NCFE CACHE course in challenging behaviour, mental health in c & yp and autism.
  2. cc2lwa

    cc2lwa New commenter

    Hiya, dibble, I have switched from teaching to Careers Advising so I am fairly confident to say, that your level 2 diploma may be able to be used, it would need to be from an accredited training provider and it would depend on the learning provider/employer what they were asking for - they can be picky and only consider GCSE's as acceptable, you would need to check, hope that makes sense!
  3. welshwizard

    welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

    If you are talking abut entry to Initial Teacher Training then it has to be GCSE. You also have to pass the skills tests. Otherwise once QTS is achieved you can be employed to teach any subject . Employers will look for subject skills and experience
  4. dibble1979

    dibble1979 New commenter

    Thanks for the advice.

Share This Page