1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE or BTEC in Pupil Referral Unit

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by dinghy01, Feb 4, 2012.

1. I have been asked to research a PE course to run with two year 11 pupils starting after half term. I have looked at short course GCSE and BTEC certificate but i'm not convinced I will have enough time. Does anyone have any experience of doing similar or advice on which way to go?

2. In my opinion the answer is no, unless the pupils have already studied an exam level PE course you would not be able to pass on the amount of information even for the short course that quickly! As for BTEC there are practical elements of it which would take weeks to complete to even a pass level!

If they have work already I'd say try and get through the BTEC, the content of the GCSE is quite intense!

Hope that helps

Jo

3. I maybe starting the GCSE short course in september also in a PRU school, if you want to share any ideas, that would be great!!