1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE Modular Specifications & Cashing In

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by ryan2447, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Thanks for your reply :)

2. Hi Ryan
    What are the motives behind the C-B progressions?

3. mmmmmaths

mmmmmaths New commenter

I was surprised to find out last year that some psychology degree courses are now specifying a grade B at gcse rather than the university requirements of C in Maths. I think this is due to the level of Mathematics required to be successful with the data parts of the course.

4. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

That makes sense, in the Maths department we sometimes get some coursework queries from A Level Psychology students - Chi squared or Mann Whiney tests.

5. mmmmmaths

mmmmmaths New commenter

This is one of the ones which took a friends daughter by surprise

http://www.lboro.ac.uk/prospectus/ug/courses/dept/sehs/psychology/index.htm

6. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

I think Loughborough is an increasingle popular place - they are good at the work placements. I suspect the unis good at this will do well. Surrey & Aston also excellent.

7. Hi,
    We are aiming to progress as many of our C's to B's for a few reasons, namely to help those that are capable of it but havent yet achieved reach a B, and secondly to enhance the number of students making 3 or more levels progress from KS2