1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE MATHS EDEXCEL LINEAR BOUNDARIES

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by languidone, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Wow, it requires a much lower percentage to get a C grade at foundation than I had been told. That could explain why all my students are getting C grades as I'm aiming for 85% plus for them!
    I'd still like to see national figures for what percentage of the C grades come from which exam.

2. Nazard

Nazard New commenter

Hi icegirl,
    I can almost provide what you are asking for now! Today Edexcel emailed round figures that show, for the summer sitting, the percentage of pupils who gained each grade on each of their <u>modular</u> papers [sorry - not linear and not total GCSE grades and not full national figures, but closer than we've managed to get so far on this thread!]
    The tables won't paste nicely into this forum, so I'll just tell you the salient info about the final modular exam (worth 50% of the total grade).
    For the Foundation tier, 15% of those who sat the exam gained a C grade (on those papers).
    For the Higher tier, 46.2% got a B grade or better, 34.3% got a C grade and 19.5% got a D or lower.