1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE literature conflict poetry-inspiration for exam prep!

Discussion in 'English' started by emeraldteacher, Dec 11, 2011.

1. So, I have taught my yr 11s the conflict poems, they've had their mock exam with band 3/4 results, and I have run out of steam regarding interesting revision sessions, after doing several practise sessions on how to approach the question,and unseen poetry.
    Does anyone have any bright ideas for lessons to help them develop their comparison across poems? I have done the usual put in groups to present back, quizzes, and now am stumped.
    Thankyou in advance for any feedback-will share my huge resource of pps too with any other sharers!

2. So, I have taught my yr 11s the conflict poems, they've had their mock exam with band 3/4 results, and I have run out of steam regarding interesting revision sessions, after doing several practise sessions on how to approach the question,and unseen poetry.
    Does anyone have any bright ideas for lessons to help them develop their comparison across poems? I have done the usual put in groups to present back, quizzes, and now am stumped.
    Thankyou in advance for any feedback-will share my huge resource of pps too with any other sharers!