1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE in a year

Discussion in 'Music' started by princess_moose, Mar 19, 2011.

1. I have some BTEC students interested in doing the GCSE, they have the ability but will be in year 11 in Sept. Is it possible to enter them in Sept and then complete it in 1 year?

Thanks

2. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

Which spec? How many hours would they get?
    Building in enough time for the controlled coursework could be hellish.

3. casper

casper New commenter

I have taught this in 6 months and in an hour a week for year twilight. That was the old spec. As mentioned above, with the controlled assessment for coursework if you add up time needed against time available, I think you will find this is not now possible,

4. I am currently teaching the Edexcel course in one year - not through choice. It's tough. My students are high ability, but the course work takes time as do the set works. I have them for 3 50 minute periods per week. I think we might just manage it but will be tight!

5. I teach Edexcel in one year - the new syllabus is tough, it works out at 2 weeks per set work plus revision. If they've got good theory already, sure, why not.