1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE ICT: Why females choose ICT.

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by ictteacher1984, May 30, 2011.

1. I have just started research for my Masters in Education dissertation, the focus is why female pupils choose GCSE ICT. I am interested to understand why females choose ICT at GCSE; I am planning to gain data directly from pupils, other schools and statistics. With my findings I hope to gain a better understanding of the reasoning behind why pupils choose ICT as a GCSE but also understand why they don’t, the lack of females at GCSE has been an issue at the school I work at. I was interested to find out if any of you have found any obvious attitudinal differences towards ICT between the male and female pupils at your school? If you found it was a problem? And any methods you may have used to encourage pupils’ to opt for ICT. Thank you in advance to any of you who can offer any insight into your school.