1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE Hospitality and Catering and GCSE Catering

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by gypseytinker, Oct 16, 2007.

1. I am a Student Teacher of Food Technology and was interested in your SOW that you offered to people. I have been able to buy the book - It is brilliant.
    I know it has been a year since you wrote your email but I hope you will still be able to send the SOW to me.
    Best Wishes
    jackydavies27@aol.com

2. I am starting a new course in Hospitality and Catering post 16 , but any resources you could let me have would be greatly appreciated. I cant find very much information about the units on the internet. I am particularily interested in assignment to help with the merit awards. Also any ideas on text books as i have been given a generous start up fund for resources. Many thanks Jean

3. I would really appreciate ANY resources you may have including said SOW. I am currently new to teaching WJEC GCSE Catering and have only a limited resource pool.

Many thanks in advance.

joanne_shipp@cabot.ac.uk

4. I would love a copy please my email address is cbason61@hotmail.com

5. Hi

I am new to Catering and would love to have a look at a scheme of work please. We are using the book and the students really like it and find it easy to use and read.

Many thanks

Maria Averis

psaveris@hotmail.co.uk

6. rosehill

rosehill New commenter

hi i wiould a copy of SOW please, i have just started this term teaching catering and would love some support thanks jane jayjayhawkins@hotmail.com

7. we are thinking of starting Hospitality + Catering and would be so grateful of any for a copy of your SOW. What a kind offer.

hazelim@btinternet.com

8. Thanks.I have downloaded your SOL from TES Resources.

This looks very promising - so many people teaching Catering (& Hospitality?).

Is this GCSE on the increase as I thought it was in decline in favour of Food and Nutrition? Which seems illogical as I thought it would be more popular with so many chefs on the box.

Perhaps we should exchange emails and network?

I am trying to decide which Catering & Hospitality qualification to do? GCSE or BTEC can anyone advise me?

9. Please may I have a copy - l.e.webber@gmail.com

It is a GCSE I might introduce so I'd be very interested is seeing what it entails.

A

10. Hi, we are looking at starting the Catering single award as well as running the AQA FT GCSE. I would be really greatful for a SOW. Do you think there is merit running these two courses side by side?

Thank you.

11. We are hopefully droping food tech and doing the double award hospitailty and catering. Last year they wanted to the BTEC hospitality but know one took it thank god it looked borring to teach let alone trying to keep the students on task.

Would be great if i could have a copy of your resources.

Many thanks

m.kirkham@talk21.com

12. Could you please send me a copy, I would be very greaful. I have ordered your book from amazon. Many Thanks. X

mandanayl@yahoo.com
    <u><font face="Times New Roman" size="3"></font></u>

13. Many thanks - have just downloaded from resource section - much appreciated as we are still undecided as to which course to deliver next year

OJ

14. Hi

I would really like a copy of these resources. My email is shaziawahid@gmail.com.

Thanks

15. Hi,

I would like to have your SOW copy. Thank you in advance.

na803@soton.ac.uk

16. I would be really interested if you wouldn't sending it to me - c.lebeau@stbons.org.
    I already have your textbook here, ready to use in September, so a SOW and other resources would be great, thank you.

17. Yes please - I would love to see s copy of your scheme of work - I am starting the new course in September.
    Thanks
    lesley

18. Yes please - I would love to see s copy of your scheme of work - I am starting the new course in September.
    Thanks
    lesley
    please send to lturney@ullswater.cumbria.sch.uk

19. You are lucky that no one opted for the BTEC. I have just finished the course after one year. It was a nightmare the kids hated it it was so boring.
    peterlynx3@aol.com

20. Hi, do you still have a SoW you could send me as well please? Im just about to start teaching GCSE catering. Many thanks Nicki
    nicole_the_star@hotmail.com