1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE Home Economics:Food and Nutrition

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by thistledoo, Mar 22, 2011.

1. thistledoo

thistledoo Senior commenter

Help! Is there anyone familiar with the assessment of the coursework projects for this exam? I have to mark the projects of a member of staff taken seriously ill. I have down loaded the mark scheme/ specification but cannot find exemplar material to help with grade descriptors. I am Food trained but it is a while since I marked GCSE projects.
    Can anyone help or point me in the right direction please? I've been through all the projects and pencilled in a mark but have nothing to compare with... thankfully I have the teacher marks for practical and records of practical skills. I just want to be sure I'm on the right wave-length, so to speak!! Do I need to create a table for the grades I award and does anyone have the grading equivalent to marks awarded?

2. thistledoo

Ooops, the exam board is AQA, sorry and than you for a prompt reply. Always in a rush, when I'm over the stress of this I will have a look at OCR... many thanks!

3. thistledoo

Yes, thanks pineapplebun, I thought of that, we are already registered. The member of staff who is ill actually went to the exam board meeting but I can't find the resources. She'll probably have them in her room locked away or maybe even at home. I'll go have another search and if I can't find them I'll ring the 'board. I really wanted to look at an exemplar project to see how it was set out, I have last year's but its a different specification.
    To all intents... it is a good course and we have a lot of student take-up, our numbers are always good.