1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE History to become "harder" from 2013...what do people think?

Discussion in 'History' started by Bookthesp1, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Another Goveism rolls into view as apparently GCSE History is too narrow and too easy- those damn teachers actually getting their pupils good grades by teaching it properly- so now Mr Gove says its too easily; especially for his fab English Bac against which schools will be judged.
    I see moving goalposts aplenty....I actually think GCSE History is quite challenging.
    what do people think of this new move...?

2. Another Goveism rolls into view as apparently GCSE History is too narrow and too easy- those damn teachers actually getting their pupils good grades by teaching it properly- so now Mr Gove says its too easily; especially for his fab English Bac against which schools will be judged.
    I see moving goalposts aplenty....I actually think GCSE History is quite challenging.
    what do people think of this new move...?

3. Syria1

Syria1 New commenter

Try IGCSE with Cambridge as the Board as an alternative.[​IMG]

4. No, Gove is still a ***. They just don't like the idea that teachers might, horror, teach kids how to pass an exam. I thought that was the whole point of it. Tell them how they will be asessed, give them some hints, and off they go and damn it, they pass. What are these teachers doing?
    Like a driving test, he would prefer to let those without Range Rovers at home crash and never get to college.
    history is already hard. Ask the kids. No tick boxes or 1 mark answers Just pages and pages of blank lines to fill in. Next time, blank pages and they have to draw the lines in themselves?

5. I called Gove a mor on. Not a swear word yet I think.