1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE Help

Discussion in 'English' started by Engpru, Jul 18, 2011.

1. I am starting a new job in September and the teacher who is leaving had one year 10 student in their year 11 class and therefore they followed the no defunct syllabus for a year.
    They have done the old coursework etc. What do I now do with this student in year 11 to get them through the new specification as surely all that they have done is wasted now?

2. I am starting a new job in September and the teacher who is leaving had one year 10 student in their year 11 class and therefore they followed the no defunct syllabus for a year.
    They have done the old coursework etc. What do I now do with this student in year 11 to get them through the new specification as surely all that they have done is wasted now?

3. GloriaSunshine

GloriaSunshine New commenter

English or Lang/Lit? The CAs for English only aren't as demanding as Lang/Lit and he exam prep will be similar for all y11s. Have you asked the board for advice?

4. I havent called the board yet. I am going to do so. It is English GCSE AQA that she would be doing - she has done the old coursework - media, shakespeare etc... not sure how that will work with Englis CA?

5. GloriaSunshine

GloriaSunshine New commenter

If she is doing just English then she should be able to use some of the texts previously studied for CAs. Presumably, in such circumstances, allowances will be made in school and she'll be able to do them and be supervised at times that suit everyone?

6. sleepyhead

sleepyhead New commenter

Is she ready to do the exam in November? If so, you could put her in for that.