1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE Graphics HELP!

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by sandersb83, Jun 24, 2019.

1. sandersb83

sandersb83 New commenter

Hi everyone,

Hopefully someone may be able to help.....I've just been allocated the GCSE graphics group at my school....the start of the NEA is a shambles and the theory is in disarray too.

I've not taught GCSE Graphics for around 9years....only RM, Systems, Construction and Food Tech, basically all of the disciplines but Graphics! So, as Im a bit out of touch, what sort of things would you need to be looking at.....is the OCR exam board still looking for P.O.S, packaging, book covers etc.....is that what still counts as Graphics coursework now?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Thankyou

BS

2. cosybear

cosybear New commenter

I think the first thing is to find out what syllabus your are going to follow.
    The final opportunity for assessment for OCR D&T: Graphics was summer 2018

The new overarching D&T syllabus is very different and the practical work is set by OCR. Check on the OCR site for definitive information

3. mattalexander

mattalexander New commenter

We've run Graphics through the AQA GCSE D&T fairly well, have heard the Eduqas variant is more friendly to pupils.

I am however switching to NCFE Graphic Design as it looks more interesting and less bloated than the GCSE. Also take a look at the GCSE Art & Design: Graphic Comunication courses that are available.