1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE Grade Boundaries

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by artcrisis, May 8, 2012.

1. artcrisis

artcrisis New commenter

is 42 a grade C ? What are the boundaries as suggested by the 2011 final grades please?

2. artcrisis

artcrisis New commenter

is 42 a grade C ? What are the boundaries as suggested by the 2011 final grades please?

3. Lottes

Lottes New commenter

C grade always falls somewhere around the 60% mark every year +/- 2 or 3... if you go on one of the exam board courses you'd get further information on this. Think it may also be on the examiner's report from last year?

4. It was 42 last year.

5. Lottes

Lottes New commenter

What board do you do?... OCR is definitely 60!

6. joli2

joli2 New commenter

I've just looked at the OCR specification, and they mark out of 100 (raw score).
    Edexcel and AQA mark out of 80 (raw score)

7. Lottes

Lottes New commenter

That now makes sense! Thanks joli2 :) ... was about to swap boards there for a minute if it was 42%!!!

8. Hi everyone,
    We do AQA as well, but I'm a little bit mathematically challenged (!)
    When you say 42 - have you worked out 60% of Unit 1, and 40% of Unit 2, then added them together to get this number? Or do you just leave the marks from Unit 1 and Unit 2 separate? We were just wondering how you can work out what they get overall (roughly obviously, as the grade boundaries may change)
    Thanks!
    p.s I am currently working on a spreadsheet that will work this all out by just putting in the raw marks for each AO, but I just need to know how you work it out properly before I input the formulae (so if anyone wants it when I'm finished, I'll upload it to the resource area)

9. Hi. Has anyone actually made a spreadsheet to work this out for you as it would be very helpful :)

10. Yes I did last year- I'll put it in the resources section tomorrow if it's not too late...