1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE French - writing a film review

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by demifrog, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Next term I am going to give my year 11s a film review to write for their first piece of controlled assessment. Last year I let the year 11's all write about a film of their choice. This year I am considering making it more focused and suggesting that they all write about a film which we have watched in class.
    Does anyone else focus on the same film for all students? and If so, which film do you go for ?

Merci et bonnes vacances ouf !

2. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

I haven't, because I fear that pupils would all write the same then, and it would be difficult to avoid it. At some point over the summer I'll upload the resources I've made for this topic if you want, even the average students managed some fairly ok writing, and I think they were quite highly motivated because they genuinely wanted to talk about the topic they'd chosen.
    We are a selective school, though, so I do realise the challenges of this approach if you teach the "headbangers" I used to teach (don't get me wrong, they were lovely kids, just hopeless at remembering anything French!) In that case, perhaps I'd choose a film. Why not give them a task to research a selection of films in groups, then they get to vote for which one they'll study, à la X-factor?

3. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

you've spurred me into action, I've uploaded them all here.

4. Could you do part about Les Choristes and then also one about a film they have seen - it gives it some individuality.You could also add in the comparative too....