1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE French AQA certificate

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Maxomtb, Aug 29, 2014.

1. gregcolin

gregcolin New commenter

Same here!

2. vacherin

vacherin New commenter

All still going well here with pleasant, please students and teachers who feel that they are actually teaching again!

3. vacherin

vacherin New commenter

Rather than preparing CAs that is!

4. gregcolin

gregcolin New commenter

No problems to date- rather the opposite with well-motivated year 10s not burdened by worry of trying to learn vast quantities of French for speaking or writing tasks. I am actually enjoying my teaching so much more and feel that I am now doing a much better job. Back to the old days in some respects.

5. vacherin

vacherin New commenter

I wonder if the reformed gcse assessments willlook anything like the ones we are preparing here?

6. madcatlady

madcatlady New commenter

Good question vacherin. We hope so - we much prefer the certificate

7. toadman

toadman Occasional commenter

Anyone know or recommend how long to spend on first question on photo card? Just did a practice session with year 10 and some spent 2 mins on it, some 10 seconds?

8. toadman

That was for Spanish but I guess the question holds good for all languages.

9. gregcolin

gregcolin New commenter

I don't think one can be prescriptive as long as the 5 compulsory questions are covered in the stipulated time.

10. I am trying to train mine to say a couple of things about the photo, then we move on. Unsure about asking additional questions on photo card. Any advice?

11. toadman

The more I see the reform gcse stuff, the more pleased I am to be doing this spec in preparation.

12. toadman

My only worry is that we might take a hit in results in the certificate as the scores for writing and speaking may be lower than they would have been for CAs?

13. castellano7

castellano7 New commenter

Hi, I am teaching a Year 10 French class who are will be taking the AQA IGCSE Certificate next summer (2016). I have looked at the exemplar marked speaking and writing work on the website but I am still a bit concerned that my marks are accurate for the past papers and speaking assessments the pupils have done so far. Would anyone be interested in doing some standardisation over the Internet? We could scan our pupils' writing and send speaking assessments and compare our marks. I would also be interested in sharing resources I have made for this course :)

14. castellano7

*I meant that "my marks are not accurate", sorry!

15. toadman

Which language?

16. castellano7