1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE for PGCE????

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by zsiddiqui123, Jan 30, 2011.

1. hi i got grade B for english and grade C for maths but have DD in science...so to get accpeted on a pgce course do i need to retake the full science gcse or just 1 for example GCSE in Biology????

2. hi i got grade B for english and grade C for maths but have DD in science...so to get accpeted on a pgce course do i need to retake the full science gcse or just 1 for example GCSE in Biology????

3. Is the qualification called GCSE double award science? I think you have to retake the whole GCSE but you can do single award science - because the double award is counted as two GCSEs. Doing the single award science would have modules in physics, biology and chemistry. (I only THINK this is correct. Best to contact universities direct to double check.)

4. This is for primary teaching right?

5. yeah i done double science for my gcse but unfortunatley got double dd yeahi guess i will have to phone them....thankyou for your help

6. yeah thats right for a primary pgce