1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE Film Studies

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by joanneberryman, Nov 9, 2016.

1. joanneberryman

joanneberryman New commenter

Hey everyone,

I'm taking over someone's role as sole teacher/leader for GCSE Film Studies, both Year 10 and 11.

I'm a bit swamped and am struggling to figure the course out. I was hoping that the TES community would be able to help me out a bit. Perhaps people would be able to share any examples of coursework or some examples of lesson focus etc. It would be a great help!
    I know we all babe busy schedules but being prepared before the Christmas holiday would be amazing!

Many thanks in advance!
    JBerryman

2. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

I can't help much with the content of film studies.
    If I were in this situation, I would be looking deeply at the exam board website. There should be exemplar coursework with marking guidelines. There may be training available although I would guess that at this stage in the qualification cycle they will be focussing on new courses.
    I would also contact the subject officer. They may be able to give you information about any other schools that run the subject and may even come across to see you (depends how far you are from headquarters), or at least send you some exemplar coursework..
    Hope it goes well.
    If you keep posting here, you may wish to anonymise your user name. This can be done.

3. joanneberryman

joanneberryman New commenter

Many thanks for your help! I'll chase up the exam board and put some feelers out.
    Unsure how to make myself anonymous at the moment - I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Take care,
    JB