1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE English: which exam board?.. Macbeth, Of Mice and Men..

Discussion in 'English' started by slick, Jan 15, 2012.

1. slick

slick New commenter

Quick question please. I have been helping my niece with her GCSE English that she took last Tuesday and I am trying to find which exam board/ specification/ how course works. I have asked her and she does not know.
    She took an exam on Tuesday where she studied
    a) Macbeth Act 2.. and had to write 3 answers... on how Shakespeare introduces the character through the selected text.... then how she would stage the chosen section.... and then how the theme is shown in another part of the play.
    b) Of Mice and Men: similar format as above
    c) Extended essay.....
    I am assuming she has also done controlled assignments and speaking and listening?
    Any idea which exam board please so I can have a glance at it as I am assuming that we may be revising again in June of this year!
    Thanks

2. slick

slick New commenter

Quick question please. I have been helping my niece with her GCSE English that she took last Tuesday and I am trying to find which exam board/ specification/ how course works. I have asked her and she does not know.
    She took an exam on Tuesday where she studied
    a) Macbeth Act 2.. and had to write 3 answers... on how Shakespeare introduces the character through the selected text.... then how she would stage the chosen section.... and then how the theme is shown in another part of the play.
    b) Of Mice and Men: similar format as above
    c) Extended essay.....
    I am assuming she has also done controlled assignments and speaking and listening?
    Any idea which exam board please so I can have a glance at it as I am assuming that we may be revising again in June of this year!
    Thanks

3. joshfriday2002

joshfriday2002 New commenter