1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE English Language

Discussion in 'English' started by DalekTeacher, Aug 21, 2011.

1. DalekTeacher

DalekTeacher New commenter

Hi,
    My Year Eleven pupils sat their GCSE English Language paper for the Welsh board at the end of the year and many of them told me that they did not complete all of the reading paper and especially the comparison of two texts at the end. They did mention that they did all of the writing tasks however.
    I just wanted to ask whether it is possible for them still to achieve their grade C or above, despite, not attempting or having added a few points for the comparison question at the end?
    They have their coursework behind them as well but I just hope they don't do badly on the exams.
    I thought worrying over my own results was bad, but I'm worrying for them.
    Dalekteacher.

2. DalekTeacher

DalekTeacher New commenter

Hi,
    My Year Eleven pupils sat their GCSE English Language paper for the Welsh board at the end of the year and many of them told me that they did not complete all of the reading paper and especially the comparison of two texts at the end. They did mention that they did all of the writing tasks however.
    I just wanted to ask whether it is possible for them still to achieve their grade C or above, despite, not attempting or having added a few points for the comparison question at the end?
    They have their coursework behind them as well but I just hope they don't do badly on the exams.
    I thought worrying over my own results was bad, but I'm worrying for them.
    Dalekteacher.

3. GloriaSunshine

GloriaSunshine New commenter

You'll know on Thursday!

4. Yes, you'll know on Thursday!
    And obviously, the C will be based on the overall mark. If they got high marks in all of the other questions then there's a good chance but of course it depends on where the grade boundaries lie after they've been converted to UMS.