1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE English Language results

Discussion in 'English' started by hardbastard, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Our English staff got the same explicit message.
    Some at AQA are denying it - I'd suggest contacting OFQUAL with names and dates of these messages (and if they are in writing even better!) as it contradicts OFQUALs line that schools were at fault for 'assuming' this from January boundaries.

2. Or indeed the wide range of subjects who, even in summer sittings, have small numbers of students. Are those GCSE grades not a lot better than a roll of a dice?

3. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

I don't know about English Language, but I went to the KS4 leaders training day, hosted by the Chief Examiner of English Lit. He flat out told us that band 3 was a C on the exam. He did say that he couldn't speak for Language, but if the CE for Languge was running similar courses, he must have said something similar to the attendees.
    That said, the chief examiner was a very nice man and I have no doubt that he was speaking from what he believed to be completely true. Plus, this course was November time last year.