1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE English Language challenging group ?

Discussion in 'English' started by claphamparty, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Hi everyone - am new to the forum and am really hoping for some wise words from some of you out there. Have been teaching a challenging group of Y10 the GCSE AQA English Language for the last few months and I am being observed by my tutor next week. Am very keen to see if anyone has an exciting lesson plans/power points which you could suggest as I have run out of ideas, am finding the topic rather dull and so is the class and they constantly keep me on my toes.
    Really hope you can help as feel as if I am losing the will to live with this group !!
    Many thanks in advance

2. crampsfan

crampsfan New commenter

Which topic are you tyring to teach? I quite enjoyed teaching the spoken word unit (I did the texting one) but the recreations and Don't get me started were a bit tedious.

3. Hi crampsfan - have taught the spoken lang unit - this lesson needs to focus on either the reading or the writing - any ideas for exciting articles etc to use or inspirational teaching plans much appreciated...