1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE Engineering

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by M.Brookes, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Hi!!
    Does anyone out there teach the AQA double award GCSE in engineering? Would be very interested in hearing your thoughts on how its going especially with the changes this year.
    Thank you x

2. Hi!!
    Does anyone out there teach the AQA double award GCSE in engineering? Would be very interested in hearing your thoughts on how its going especially with the changes this year.
    Thank you x

3. I am teaching the single version, so far so good.
    I am a bit worried about the exam as
    a. The exemplar is quite different to the old Unit 3 exam and
    b. some of the exemplar answers to the above paper are borderline wrong.
    and c. with the lack of a proper standardisation meeting I have missed the usual chance to catch up with other practitioners......

4. Hi,

I am just looking to start up an Engineering GCSE class from September 2014- I am looking at OCR and AQA and can't pick much between them. Firstly is there any advice people could offer on their preferences/ experiences with either or both?

Also, I have found it really difficult to find any exemplar folders so if anyone could provide any electronic copies it would be greatly appreciated. I live and work in the Cheshire area would be more than willing to make links with anyone offering this GCSE option.

Any help and advice is welcome!

Thanks

Jimmy Ingman