1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE Edexcel Psychology

Discussion in 'Social sciences' started by vicster56, Oct 1, 2009.

1. I have no Psychology training only an A level in it. I am enjoying teaching this course but could do with some help with resources etc if anyone else has any or any websites where i can get them.
    thanks
    Vic

2. Hi,
    I have started to teach the GCSE this year too. A really useful website is www.psychexchange.co.uk. There are a lot of GCSE resources on there although the majority of it is for OCR and AQA but i find it quite easy to adapt for the edexcel spec. I would appriciate any ideas or resources you have found to work well as i find it difficult to deliver some of the information in an interesting way. Thanks Leigh-Anne.

3. So that's another two people teaching Edexcel GCSE Psychology? I was beginning to think that no-one else had taken it up, given how popular AQA seems to be. I'm about to say goodbye to the old AQA GCSE and am in the first year of teaching the Edexcel course, and we're having a great time. It's so nice not to be teaching some of the same old topics (although no doubt these ones will start to feel old after a while). Myself and a colleague have enjoyed using a variety of different activities and, for the first time ever, I've found some of Freud that I both understand and have a good time teaching!
    One real frustration is the lack of anything more than one specimen paper, which my students can do only so many times. Have you tried to put your own paper together yet? I'll be doing one for the entirely pointless (for this subject) Y10 'end of year' (just after Easter!) exams the school insists they sit, which sees my students out of school for two weeks I could really do with them in for. They are left then with only a couple of weeks before the real exam.
    On that note, how are you finding pacing? We've just finished Little Hans, and will be covering psychoanalysis and sleep clinics in the next couple of weeks. Am I running slow?
    oO<

4. I will be teaching Edexcel GCSE psychology from September, and I am currently looking for a good GCSE Psychology package - including online assessment resources, Boardworks style Powerpoints etc... Any help in my decision making would be much appreciated. I know the above replies suggest Psychexchange.com, but a fully offered buy in package is a real possibility if anyone has any experience of this?

5. If you are interested in having a look at an online psychometric (FREE) take a look at www.enterprisecatalyst.co.uk. It is focused upon enterprise, but the team roles section enables students to unhderstand how mindsets can influence behaviour and ultimately success.[​IMG]

6. Hi Claire

I am just about to start teaching Edexcel GCSE Psychology. We start our students on this course in June following the Wit hols. I have also found the lack of resources difficult. I am endlessly
    trying to put together my own resources, but with no experience of teaching it yet I'm not sure if I'm on the right track.
    I would be really grateful if you could give me some advice and any resources ( I'm happy to share mine).
    emason197@aol.com

Emma

7. Hi,
    This website is a quiz site - I have been building EDEXCEL GCSE Psychology quizzes for some time - Each topic has decent content. It is an excellent way to quickly assess understanding - and you can add questions and quizzes easily too! Have a look and join up.
    http://yacapaca.com/teacher/agroup/4489/join/

Mark

8. Siobhan1980

Siobhan1980 New commenter

I know this is a really old thread but I'm trying to link up with Edexcel GCSE psych teachers to do some quality assurance.

If you're interested, you could send me a message- s.oshaughnessy@Hotmail.co.uk

Thanks