1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE Edexcel Predicted Grades 2012

Discussion in 'Music' started by spanboy, Apr 22, 2012.

1. spanboy

spanboy Occasional commenter

Hi
    Previously I've filled-in only one form but this year there seem to be be three. I presume that there is one for each component - performing, composing and the exam. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remember to change the raw marks to uniform marks then you can look at the grade boundaries in the spec to predict their grades. The written paper is harder to predict, are they, or are they not going to revise?! It's hard to get your head around all the paperwork, but once you've done it a couple of times, it gets easier.

3. Hi
    MUS100 for performing and MUS200 for composing, both downloads from Edexcel website. What is the form for unit 3? They are entered for the exam, that's it, unless i'm a **** and missed something absolutely vital... The exam is on 14th May. Coursework only just nearing completion, when the hell are we supposed to revise in class?

4. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Units that are examined don't have coursework assessment forms. [​IMG]
    Your centre's examinations officer should already have checked some time ago that all your students have been entered correctly, so they now just have to turn up at the right time and place (in itself quite a challenge in some schools) and sit the paper for Unit 3.

5. There are three forms to be completed with predicted grades (A* - U) - one for each of performing, composing and listening. (Without knowing the grade boundaries this year, they are a bit difficult to do accurately.)

These forms are separate from the optems sheets that accompany the performing and composing coursework.

6. cmf

cmf

Has anyone got any grade boundaries for marking each form? I only have the one used for the whole course thats each element added together. For example, solo/ensemble 14 marks out of 60 would = ?
    Thanks

7. thanks I know, i was just confused by the OP who seemed to be worrying about some kind of 3rd form being in existence and wanted to clarify that there isn't one

i will try to be clearer next time