1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GCSE Edexcel help I'm so confused

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by aejones123, Apr 2, 2011.

1. i'm with you jessy. i'm panicking all the time about all of the paperwork...
    what i'm keen to know is how to work out where the kids are now with their overall mark. last year i was able to do a calculation and work out which boundary they were in before the practical exam so i had some idea. i too asked edexcel and they got all defensive with me too!
    any ideas anyone? the uniform marks are at the back but how to i get a uniform mark for unit 1 and 2?
    any help is much appreciated

2. It's the first year of a new Specification. Edexcel have an idea where the grade boundaries ought to be BUT until the coursework is moderated and a range of Unit 3 performances are seen, they are not going to know for sure. You ain't gonna need 97% for an A* with the new spec - but the same proportion of students who got an A* last year will get the grade this year - but you ain't gonna know what you do need until the Chief Examiner publishes her report in August. Don't worry about it.