1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

gcse Drama in an international school

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by dusseld1, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Hi
    i am in my second year at an international school and am hoping to introduce GCSE/IGCSE Drama next year. Having previously taught GCSE in the UK, followed by AS A2, I am unsure as to whether to select GCSE or IGSE. As a school we are accredited for both although I have yet to see if a moderator would come out to Luxembourg (previously working in Army schools in Germany they did).
    Any advice recommendations gratefully accepted. Particularly the minimum required in terms of equipment and performing space, as, to date I share a multi-purpose room.
    I meet with my Head next week!!

2. Hi
    i am in my second year at an international school and am hoping to introduce GCSE/IGCSE Drama next year. Having previously taught GCSE in the UK, followed by AS A2, I am unsure as to whether to select GCSE or IGSE. As a school we are accredited for both although I have yet to see if a moderator would come out to Luxembourg (previously working in Army schools in Germany they did).
    Any advice recommendations gratefully accepted. Particularly the minimum required in terms of equipment and performing space, as, to date I share a multi-purpose room.
    I meet with my Head next week!!

3. Hi Dusseld1 (Dusseldorf, by any chance?)
    I would go Edexcel GCSE every time, it's very practical.
    Having worked in a private school with a low number, I have experience of examiners not coming out (we submitted video documentation)
    I would pick the course you think would be the most fun!
    Steve

4. Hi Steve
    Thanks for that, yes used to live in Dusseldorf (now my dog's name!)
    Will look at video option, but would always prefer live performances.
    To be honest will just be delighted to just get Drama on the GCSE curriculum took a year to get.
    1 x 40 minute lesson a week for KS3!
    Teresa

5. NikiQatar

NikiQatar New commenter

Hi Teresa,

sorry for the late reply. I have ben HoD in a British school in the Middle East for 4 years. This year we have swapped to WJEC as EDEXCEL dont seem to have a clue what they are doing ( lots of other threads in the forum!!).
    WJEC is really practical, easy to follow and has 2 performance elements where the kids actually get to showcase their work. We start it in September and I cant wait.
    Well done for getting drama up and running there.

Good luck![​IMG]